fredag den 11. juni 2010

All Things Purple

I've been asked by several people if I could blog in english, so every once in a while there will be a blog in english, and if I have time I'll translate the ones in my blog-series Love Your Life.





All things purple


Last year I was constantly drawn to red things. I have a red mobile, a red calendar, a red bike helmet…you get where this is going right? Well that lasted for almost a year until I saw the most beautiful purple bike…or lilac to be exact!

Now I can’t get enough purple! So it is no mystery that when I was asked if I wanted my new fitness shoes to be black or this wonderful purple you see on the picture, you know what I instantly replied right?

Of course I had to have purple flowers on my balcony as well and I get a rush out of seeing them every morning when I pull back the curtain.

What’s your favourite colour at the moment?

~Anja ~

2 kommentarer:

  1. Writing to you in English feels kind of weird, but here it goes:

    Last year I had a craving for blue things, especially a kind of dusty dark blue. It took a while until I suddenly realized that everything I bought was blue - a colour that I never really liked before. It went on for some months, and then the need for blue things didn't feel so strong anymore.
    Some weeks ago I read about colours and what they mean to us. And I was surprised when I found out that the blue colour represents the opposite of what I was feeling last year. I was confused and in a personal crisis (you know what went on). The blue colour represents calmness, peace and quiet. I think I needed to be surrounded by blue things because it created some sort of balance in my life. My clothes contrasted what went on inside me. And, amazingly enough, today I can see that I stopped buying the blue things at the same time as I began figuring out what to do.

    I think the colours that we choose sometimes tell us what we need in life, or what we wish for. All colours have some generel meanings, but there can also be individual differences. Right now I'm very attracted to purple things like you. Purple often symbolizes wisdom and spirituality, but to me it also symbolizes something very feminine. Have you thought about what purple and red symbolizes to you? Does it correlate with what's going on in your life?

    /Eva

    SvarSlet
  2. I have thought about it especially linking it to the colour of the chakras, which I find very interesting.

    Depending on the source, I've read the colour purple can be both the top chakra or the one between the eyes. Either way the words attached to those chakras really fits what's happening in me at the moment.

    I believe I needed red in my life because I was grounding myself and finding my roots. (Red is the root chakra).

    I find it interesting that you were drawn to a colour which symbolized something you needed in your life.

    - Anja

    SvarSlet